Victoria’s Skilled and Business Migration Program is part of the Victorian Government's Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources.
The Victorian Skilled and Business Migration Program aims to attract high calibre, experienced overseas skilled professionals, tradespeople, business owners and investors to meet ongoing workforce needs that cannot be met locally, and to attract investment and jobs to Victoria.
Services We Offer
We provide information and assistance to Victorian employers, peak bodies and industry groups, skilled migrants, business migrants and migration agents.
Victorian employers, peak bodies and industry groups
Victorian employers can access skilled migration information, resources and support services including:
Access to global talent
Services for experienced skilled migrants, overseas qualified professionals and international student graduates who are planning to migrate, or have recently migrated to Victoria:
Business and investor migrants
- Business visa state nomination program
- Significant Investor Services Directory - an online tool for significant investors seeking financial advice and business support services at all stages of residency in Victoria.
- Support for exploratory, short-term stay business visas
- Links to government agencies and private sector agencies, including Small Business Victoria and Invest Victoria to:
- Identify the types of business activity that best suit your circumstances.
- Discuss market and feasibility research options with you.
- Direct you to the most appropriate sources of information for market research.
- Discuss business development opportunities with you, including business planning.
- Provide information and referral to develop realistic business strategies to operate a business in Victoria
Services provided to migration agents include:
- Migration Agent's section - access to investor and business migration resources, including the ability to download or request printed copies, latest updates and common questions answered.
- Migration Agent Alert – regular eNewsletter providing information on changes to visa requirements, new program initiatives, updates to State Nomination Occupation Lists, and upcoming events.
For more information and assistance, contact the Skilled and Business Migration Program