If you need extra time to meet the criteria for the permanent subclass 888 visa, you may be eligible to apply for a further subclass 188 visa in the Significant Investor Extension stream.
You need to apply for Victorian visa nomination before you apply for the visa. To be considered for Victorian extension nomination, you:
- must have a subclass 188 visa in the Significant Investor or Significant Investor Extension stream. If you hold a subclass 188 visa in the Significant Investor stream, it must have been held for at least two years and nine months (from date of visa grant).
- have maintained complying investments for the duration of your provisional visa(s)
- are likely to meet the Victorian nomination criteria for the permanent subclass 888 visa in the future.
How to apply
To apply for nomination extension, complete the following forms and email to email@example.com:
- Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 188) Extension Nomination application form
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection's Nomination - Business Skills class | Form 1414
- Appointment of Agent / Representative for state nomination form (if applicable).
Processing times can vary. You can expect an outcome within five working days from the time your complete Victorian nomination application is lodged.