If you have already received Victorian visa nomination and you want to change your investment choices, you will need approval from the Victorian Government. To request this approval you will need to complete the Change of Complying Investment Form (Word, 154 KB) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants nominated after 1 July 2015 under the new Significant Investor visa Complying Investment Framework must make compulsory investments of A$5 million into complying investments to meet the investment requirements for this visa. These include:
- a minimum of A$500,000 investment into Venture Capital and Growth Private Equity (VCPE) funds
- a minimum of A$1.5 million investment into emerging companies
- a balancing investment to make up a total of A$5 million in complying investments.
More detailed information regarding the Complying Investment Framework is available on the Austrade website.
Applicants before 1 July 2015 will also need (in addition to completing the Change of Complying Investment Form):
For Victorian Government bonds -
- to have held their investment for at least 12 months before they can withdraw part or all of their funds from Victorian Government bonds
- to hold a minimum of A$1.5 million in Victorian Government bonds if some investment is to remain in this area.
For private company/ies -
- to hold a minimum of A$1.5 million in private companies if some investment is to remain in this area
- a business investment plan from the private company. See this example business investment plan (DOC, 100.5 KB) from a private company which outlines what is required
- an acknowledgement that the applicant has assessed the offer and intends to pursue it. See this example acknowledgement (DOC, 34.5 KB) which outlines what is required.