Victorian state nomination conditions
Visa nomination support by the Victorian Government is conditional and subject to formal acceptance and acknowledgement by the applicant of the following:
- The applicant has read (or has had read to them) the contents of their application and confirms that the information contained therein is true and correct.
- The applicant confirms that they meet all of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection visa eligibility criteria.
- The Victorian Government may share information relating to the application and the applicant’s business/investment activities in Victoria with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- The Victorian Government reserves the right to make direct contact with the applicant in relation to this application or related matters. This may include contact from the Commissioner of a Victorian Government Business Office (VGBO) to discuss potential assistance in relation to business/investment activity in Victoria.
- The Victorian Government has no legal authority to deal with visa matters and will not advocate to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection or the Administrative Appeals Tribunal on behalf of the applicant.
- The applicant will notify the Victorian Government of any changes in their contact details and agrees to participate in any surveys that the Victorian Government may initiate.
- The Victorian Government does not endorse any investment made, or any business activity undertaken, by the applicant nor does it accept liability for any financial loss, cost or expense incurred as a result of any business decision, business activities or investments made by any person in any way connected with this application, or otherwise.
- Victorian Government nomination does not imply that the investment has been assessed as a complying significant investment (as defined by regulation 5.19C of the Migration Regulations 1994 (Cth)). Whether an investment meets the definition of complying significant investment is assessed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- Victorian Government nomination is not transferable to any other Australian State/Territory or the Commonwealth.
- The applicant has a genuine commitment to establish a residence in the State of Victoria.
- The applicant will make contact with the Victorian Government within one month of arrival in Victoria.
- The applicant will maintain complying investments for the duration of the visa and these investments will be shown to have provided economic benefit to Victoria. Evidence of the contribution to the Victorian economy will be retained.
Without express written consent from the Victorian Government, failure to comply with the above conditions may result in the withdrawal of Victorian Government support for the applicant’s visa.