Bookmark and Share
  • Youtube

    Go to Youtube channel

Skilled Independent (189) Visa

This points-based permanent visa is for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member. A visa holder can live and work anywhere in Australia. Certain family members can be included in the application.

Applicants must pass the Department of Immigration and Border Protection's (DIBP) points test based on characteristics needed in the Australian labour market.

The Skilled Independent (189) visa is offered by DIBP.

Migrants do not require visa nomination to apply for this visa.

For more information and to apply, visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.